Previous | NextZekebits | Blog
6 Benefits of repurposing your high-end interior brand content
18 March 2016
Content repurposing doesn’t focus on the creation of new text. It simply makes the blog posts that you already have written available to a bigger number of people. In addition, you can use the content that you already have to create an informative piece for an entirely different medium. A series of blog posts, for example, can easily turn in a podcast.
You can also change the length and the style of blog posts. An interview with an industry expert can easily become an opinion piece later on. You generate original content but you rely on source material that has already been created. Its worth pointing out that you can only repurpose content that’s 'evergreen' in nature, in other words it continues to be valuable and relevant beyond the date it was originally publsihed (ideally years), its timeless, rather than timely.
Repurposing comes with a number of key advantages:
- It’s good for your website’s optimization. According to Lee Odden, author of the book “Optimize”: “When a SEO and content marketing strategy work together, repurposing content means additional SEO assets to attract search traffic on many different variations of a theme.”
- It enables you to reach audiences that look for information in different ways
- It makes content creation easier and it gives you the possibility to capitalize on the most successful content you’ve written in the past. There’s no need to come up with something brand new each time. Some well-established topics and popular blog posts can easily be repurposed to simplify the task of keeping your blog updated.
- It helps reach new audiences. Some users prefer visual infographics over text statistics. Some choose podcasts over ebooks. Reformatting your content for different mediums means appealing to more audiences and extending your reach.
- Brings life back to old articles. Repurposing your content puts that old favorite up front and center, ensuring that great content is never forgotten.
- It ensures that users who missed your epic blog post the first time around have a chance of seeing it for round two. It's a second chance at content promotion.